Friday, May 8, 2026

Blue Beam Project Saturday Afternoon

When I think of alien invasions I remember the Old Martian Invasion Movies. 

A hot topic in Paranormal and Conspiracy Circles is the Urban Legend known as the Blue Beam Project, a kind of social control trial balloon culturally bound to movie invasions and War of the Worlds anxieties. 

The Project, of course, touts the entire UFO/UAP meme as a secret plan to rule the world. The updated interpretation? 

Fake Aliens. Fake Invasions. Animatrons. A.I. Robots. Classified propulsion tech. Genetically altered prisoners of war. CRISPR beings. 

You remember the Ghost Armies of World War II? Well, these are Space Ghost Armies. 

Disclosure Day is the latest movie I predict will be adopted into the Blue Beam Legend.  

Tim Burton captured the feel of the Mars Invasion Genre with his incredible opening of Mars Attacks! It was the high point of the movie. Hard for a show to start high and stay high.

Burton's Saucers were an homage to the Ray Harryhausen ships in Earth Versus the Flying Saucers.  Project Skyhook. Shoot them Down. (Frank Feschino interview). Earth Versus was based on Donald Keyhoe's Flying Saucers from Outer Space.

There's Invasion of the Saucermen over at MonsterKid

Invaders from Mars by RerunZone

Devil Girl from Mars.

Red Planet Mars 

Flight to Mars at PizzaFlix

Mars in Radio Daze

The Martian Death March 

War of the Worlds 

The Radio Broadcast That Incited a Panic 

Toys, Books, Collectibles

Mars Attacks Leader 

Mars Attacks Snowglobe

Mars Attacks Action Figure  

Hollywood vs the Aliens by Bruce Rux. See also Hollywood vs the Aliens by karmatinfoil.

1962 Topps Mars Attacks #19 Burning Flesh PSA 9 MINT

1962 Topps Mars Attacks #21 Prize Captive "DS"

Invaders from Mars Statue 

Saturday Matinee: Paranormal Rangers

I'm pining away for the next season of Dark Winds to come out on DVD. Essentially, when the Library gets it I get it.  Not that Dark Wi...